KaOS makes regular ISO releases available, so any (new) user is not confronted with a large or complicated first update. Those who already have KaOS installed do not need to reinstall, a regular “sudo pacman -Syu” will always give you the latest.
Release Notes for KaOS 2015.04 ISO.
The April version ships with Plasma 5 as the default desktop, it includes non-free nvidia drivers, all language packs, KDE Applications 15.04.0, linux kernel 3.19.4 (linux-next is in the repo’s, following the 4.0 series), glibc 2.20, systemd 218, kmod 20, xorg-server 1.16.4, Qt 5.4.1 & Qt 4.8.6, mesa 10.4.5, calligra 2.9.2, cantata and the latest versions of qupzilla, octopi, kde-telepathy, seafile, and gcc 4.9.2.
For those wondering about gtk apps, firefox 37.0.2, chrome 44, thunderbird 31.6.0, ardour 4.0 are among the available in their latest version.
- When using a ms-dos partition-table with extended partitions, the manual option to partition will fail to mount the needed target. Either click on the intended target partition in Dolphin prior to starting the installer (that will mount the partition), or select any of the automated partitioning options
- For UEFI installs it is not possible at this time to use any of the three automated partitioning options, only the fourth option can be used
- If you want to use a GPT partition table on a BIOS system, make sure to set it up following this Guide, the installer’s partitioner can only handle GPT correctly for UEFI
- Installing on RAID, LVM, LUKS is currently not possible
- When a drive contains a LUKS partition, Calamares will not start, see LUKS Bug report. It is needed to remove the LUKS partition before starting the installer
To create reliable Media for booting the Live ISO, please select USB or DVD and follow the instructions for either using an USB flash drive or DVD disc.
KaOS users make torrent downloads available, see the forum for the different options.